Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Obama and Iran

Hear is where Obama bugs me: He knows that the Ahmadinejad government is corrupt. He knows it oppresses women, minorities, gays, etc. He must know Ahmadinejad is a nut job. However, he says nothing.

I think the U.S. should promote freedom and equality around the globe. Should we do this with guns? Not necessarily. We should avoid using force unless our national security is directly threatened. But Obama isn't even using words because the Iranian people are showing him up. He wants to negotiate with a crazy Ahmadinejad (sad I can type his name quickly now) so that he can look like a hero and prove the Bush administration wrong to isolate Iran. This is the problem when ambition and the need to be admired and recognized (unhealthy levels of narcissistic behavior) combine in a man. His values start to come second. His need for power and admiration begin to trump his belief in democracy and freedom.

Now for sure, I do not know Obama personally. He may not exhibit these behaviors in his personal life at all. But so far I have seen much of them in his public behavior. Yes, we all exhibit narcissistic behavior at times. A certain level of narcissism is healthy. However, I sometimes think Obama has a bad case of NPD. (narcissistic personality disorder)
I am concerned it may be affecting his judgement about foreign policy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed7/idUSTRE55E6AT20090615?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0


I know this will seem off point, but stay with me for a minute:

I love money. I love learning about it. I love how it looks and feels. I like making it. But money does not come first. I agree with Suze Orman: people first, then money. I have done my best to put this in to practice in my life.

Mr. President: I know it must be very exciting and overwhelming to have the potential to unite the Christian and Muslim worlds and look like a hero. But this image of yourself is just an idol. Supporting freedom and equality around the world comes first, saving face and looking cool come second. STAND UP FOR THE BRAVE PEOPLE OF IRAN. SUPPORT THEM NOT WITH YOUR GUNS, BUT WITH YOUR WORDS. DO IT NOW! Put yourself, success, power and image second this time.

No comments: