Monday, June 15, 2009

My Husband

Marriage. What is it for? It pushes us to heal the hidden parts of our Selves. Is it always easy? No. I think that many times in a desperate attempt to escape from inner pain we find fault in our spouses. I am not always guilty of this mistake, but sometimes I am.

I prayed this morning to find love within myself so that I would be able to share it with my husband.

I prayed for the clarity to see my husband as he is.

I prayed for the strength to not be so needy.

I found the answer that "Giving and receiving are one, in truth".

I thought of my refrigerator magnet : "Be the change you wish to see in the world." (Ghandi)

I looked inside and asked to see the truth.

This is what I found:

I love my husband VERY much. He is a great and wonderful man.

He is kind. He is smart. He loves me and our children so much that he would jump in front of a moving train for us. He is hot. He is funny. He has made a commitment to search within himself to find answers, just as I have. He is cool. He would do just about anything for me just so I would be more comfortable.

I am a very lucky woman.

Honey, I am sorry I lost sight of the truth, but I did. Thank you for helping me find it.

I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with this post. Having said that, thanks honey, you are the BEST.