I want to say thank you to all the men who are good father's in my life.
My husband is such a great father to his children. I really appreciate that.
To my father:
Dad,
I love you. For all of the good and bad things that have happened over the course of your life and mine, I have always felt love.
You have no idea how important this is to a girl, a woman.
It gives her the base to build the rest of her life on. It gives her the strength to stand up to the world, when that is not the easy thing to do.
I know we have not always had a perfect relationship. I have sometimes felt like you expected too much of me.
But now, I see that it taught me to dig for the best in myself. Whatever your intention, it brought out the best in me.
I am not afraid of much. Though I still know that if I am afraid I can call on you.
I respect what you have been through in life and how you have been able to live through it with grace and dignity.
I respect how you have grown. I appreciate how you have let me grow. Sometimes with judgement, sometimes without......but always with love.
I love you Dad. You are a great Grandpa too.
THANK YOU. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
Love,
Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment