I am going on an inauguration hiatus. See, my husband really likes Barack. So does my Mom, so does my sister, and so do a lot of my friends.
I can see why. I mean, what's not to like about Hope. Really. I want to support those I love. I love them irregardless of who is our President.
I have my own strong ideas, based in hard, cold, economic reality that tell me Obama does not understand economics enough to "save" our country.
I am not saying he is a terrible guy. He is not. I am not going to ruin the party, or rain on the parade.
I am, however, going to take a few days off to collect my thoughts. I simply can't stomach any more Hollywood people. I don't want to get angry, so I am going to take a break.
Enjoy your inauguration parties!
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/clay-waters/2009/01/16/nyts-inauguration-hypocrisy-bush-chided-2005-obama-free-party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We all need breaks, Econmon. And can understand you have to support those you love.
I had class last night ["Adult Education," trying to learn arabic.] Half the class left early so they could go home to watch "hopechange." We're 8 hours ahead of East Coast Time - so it must have been on at like 12:30 - 1P? It was pretty obvious who voted for him - those of us that stayed in our seats obviously didn't.
Post a Comment