Saturday, March 19, 2011

U.S., Britain, & France Launch Lybian Operation

I can't believe the U.S. is getting involved in Libya.

Is the U.N. now driving American foreign policy?

This is the same administration which slammed Bush for going into Iraq. Oh, no, Saddam never slaughtered his own people.

But, I guess if the U.N. is OK with the operation, that makes it a good idea.

We are sending our men into a civil war.

This makes no sense to me at all.

Obama has been almost silent on the issue except to say Qaddafi must go. Why him? Why not Saddam Hussein? Why not Yemen's leader, or Bahrain's for that matter? Aren't they killing their own people in the streets?

Are we even clear about who we are supporting?

Obama says we cannot stand by and watch the slaughter of the Lybian people.

What about Rwanda?

Do Americans even support this? Was congress consulted?

Oh, I guess the "international community" and the U.N. are more important, and if they say its OK, well, hell, let's do it!

Unbelievable.

No comments: