I have withheld comment on the BP spill in hopes things would get better.
The Gulf of Mexico is being destroyed.
It is so sad.
I cannot understand people who say it is no big deal, or who have no emotional reaction to it at all.
Obviously, deep water drilling poses a great threat to the planet.
I am not an environmentalist, but as a person of some intelligence, I realize the interconnectedness of humans to our environment.
We are not separate from the Earth, as both the DRILL BABY DRILL! and the Whacko left wing environmentalists would have you believe.
My In-Laws are from Mobile, AL and their family and culture has seafood at its center. Once I ate Gulf shrimp, I never wanted any other kind. My husbands great, great grandfather was an oyster fisherman.
What's weird to me, is that people just don't seem to grasp the negative impact this spill is going to have on the South, and ultimately the country. The social, environmental, and economic impacts will be huge.
I cannot believe BP didn't have an emergency plan in place in case such a disaster occurred.
This is a wake up call. America needs to get off oil.
All subsidies to the oil companies should be immediately stopped. This, and only this will cause alternative energies to be profitable for private firms.
The government SHOULD NOT be in the business of subsidizing BIG OIL...period.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment