Monday, May 31, 2010

Don't Say You Weren't Warned

Sorry for the lack of writing lately...I just haven't been very inspired, and I hate to post worthless dribble.

My family spent the weekend at the in-laws in Hayward, WI on Round lake. Beautiful town, I wouldn't mind moving there.

Anyway, because my husband loves the area, I did a search on Edina realty for lake homes in the area. (Maybe someday!)

I discovered 1,076 lakefront properties for sale. Most had been on the market at least six months. They were all severely overpriced, and not selling at all.

Just confirmation of my suspicions. Real estate is still grossly overvalued in most of the country. We have not hit bottom yet, and we may well have guaranteed our governments future insolvency by trying to stop the downturn.

Real estate prices will fall back to 1996 levels, so will stock markets around the globe.

If you are a trader that is interested in taking on a lot of risk, get short. If you are just a regular person with no back round in finance or economics, get out. Get in cash and hard assets.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/crash-is-dead-ahead-sell-get-liquid-now-2010-05-25?pagenumber=1

No comments: