Could the period we are entering end up being as bad or even worse than the Great Depression?
My humble answer: Yes. I simply do not buy the idea that because our economy is bigger, it is more resilient.
Now, I am not trying to depress you, just give you a chance to prepare for what may be coming. The temporary relief we are feeling from massive government stimulus is not sustainable.
As I have said before, our economy will recover, but it will take from 7-10 years for it to do so. The changes we are seeing are fundamental. They are going to change our economy from a debt driven one, to a more balanced one, where investment and exports catch up with consumerism.
The recovery process, though, while painful like withdrawal, is necessary if the healing of the economy is to be sustainable.
I just hope we don't have to hit rock bottom before we change our overspending, over consuming ways.
Here is an informative article for those who think things can't get as bad as the Great Depression this time:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/33481862
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment