Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Swimmers Itch!

I apologize for not posting lately. Apparently I have acquired "swimmers poisoning" from a pond I stepped in to pull my adventurous son out of the mud. (I have no idea where he gets it.) He swam in the pool all day and only developed a mild itch that resolved in two days. I stupidly wore my shoes (cork bottomed) all day and did not get any chlorine on me from the pool. (Oh how I wish I would have said yes to swimming with him that day.)



I have been to two doctors appointments, tried creams, hot baths, alcohol (both pouring it onto the open wounds on my legs & drinking more of it than usual). Nothing works. My joints are all burning and I think I am about to peel my own skin off.



Doc prescribed some prednazone and I think it is helping the joints a bit. Anyway, I do have more to say, about politics, economics and parenting this week. (The itch has robbed me temporarily of ANY inner peace.) But whatever there is to say will have to wait as life happens.



Have a good week!

No comments: