Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Market

Here is what I am seeing: This Bull is about to break a leg. I could very well be wrong. However, the VIX was up 7.99% today. My fake portfolio was up 2%. Typically, when the stocks I have identified as shorts start to break, the market will follow. Currently these are LOW, MA, and AZO.

MA hung in there, but LOW and AZO paid off for me. See, these are the recovery story stocks that large institutional investors trade heavily in. In general, (and I only have a couple years under my belt), when the "story" that has been sold to investors falls apart, or is proven false by economic data, these "story" stocks drop like rocks.

When I see my positions starting to pay off, that may mean the overall market is in trouble. That said, there is no economic data due tomorrow and things could be boring. But I have a feeling.........................we'll see.

No comments: