My son bought me a book about Albert Einstein. He is 6 1/2. I know this was because he had heard me talk about Einstein. Later he said, "Mom, I didn't really buy it for you, I just wanted it."
Einstein: "The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives."
On my daughter's field trip the other day one of the adults at the state capitol mistook me for one of the children. (only for a minute) Well, I am not very tall, but I certainly do not look like a 10 year old. I have wrinkles, and some gray hair! However, I was having fun with them. I was laughing, smiling, and generally just acting like one of them. Perhaps that was the reason.
Children are so much closer to truth than we adults. Listen to them. Eckart Tolle says, "They come into this world through us, but they are not ours."
I feel so lucky to be the mother of my children. What better job could one have?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment