Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I haven't been writing much lately partly due to the busy Holiday season, and partly due to a bit of melancholy. I still wanted to wish anyone who is crazy enough to read this blog regularly a Happy New Year.

I am not so unwise as to be ungrateful for the many blessings in my life. Lately, though, I feel a sort of sadness is engulfing this country, and I am no exception. The recession is going to be horrible. My neighbors house is in foreclosure. More and more people are losing their jobs. Every time I look at the news it seems there is more bad news. The Middle East is becoming increasingly unstable. The U.S. is going broke. And it goes on and on.

Perhaps this is why they call Depressions just that. They are truly depressing. So I keep trying to change my mindset. I keep telling myself to remain grateful and hopeful. And I am. I am thankful for my family and friends, the roof over my head, health....even snow. I am not losing my house. My husband and I have jobs and plenty of money. But I just can't feel that energy of gratitude I am usually in touch with.

I am going to find it, I will. Maybe I will do a google search on gratitude. Just kidding. Anyway, if you have had a rough year, like so many Americans, I hope this New Year is happier for you! I know in my heart we are here on Earth to share our love, gratitude, and joy.

So, on that note, I will go spend a little time with the family, do a little yoga, and pray a bit. Pray for the courage to live in gratitude, so the next time I write I can share that spirit with you.

No comments: