During the last two weeks or so, I have been a failing miserably at this practice.
I am having a difficult time just accepting what is.
All pain and emotional suffering is resistance to what is. Simple. True. The source of peace.
Resistance to the socks on the floor (thanks Byron Katie). Resistance to the cottonwood trees. (mess that they are) Resistance to multitasking. (necessary, ever-present component of the life I have created) Resistance to...well, just about everything lately.
I am stuck in a temporary state of resistance.
Today was a big day...first day of having the kids home from school for the summer. It crossed my mind that I have been trying to be all things to everybody.
I am a personal shopper, "stay at home" mom, entrepreneur (Full Circle Tax & Consulting), stock and options trader, yard keeper, housekeeper, accountant, pet caretaker, cook, activities coordinator, student, blogger and yes I am doing a miserable job at the wife, friend, confidant part at the moment (somethings got to give).
Oh, and trying to be a good sister and daughter too...perhaps not doing so well at that either...but well intentioned nonetheless.
Needless to say, I am overwhelmed. I am overwhelmed in this moment. Presence is the only thing that will save me. I am going to pray for it tonight. (and a winning lottery ticket so I can be a nanny, landscaper, housekeeper employer)
Am I just supposed to accept that I am overwhelmed? I suppose so...and go with it.
Here is a link to one of my favorite posts I wrote when I was in a great state of mind, perhaps it can hold you over:

No comments:
Post a Comment