Friday, April 15, 2011

Finding Balance

I just don't have much to say this week (or maybe I will, once I start writing)... this could be the Mom part of Econmom. Perhaps I am just too busy again. I am in that place where it all seems like too much. I completed my first tax season on my own successfully. My new business is officially up and running. No small task, but very satisfying. I love working for myself. I am trying to get fit, and eat healthier. This has turned out to be a great undertaking, time wise that is. I love excercise, so that is no huge problem, but the time it takes seems to conflict with all the other responsibilities I have. Shopping, cooking, cleaning, helping with homework, tutoring (calculus-one more undertaking) caring for pets, blah, blah, blah. I also found out I have to take a summer class in auditing before I can sit for the CPA exam, so I have started the ball rolling on that. I try to be present in each task before me, and enjoy each one for what it is. This works well for most of the day, but when exhaustion sets in, or I am cleaning the cat box...presence is tougher to maintain. Then avoidance is what I crave. Anyway, I am not complaining, I just have not had much time to blog lately, which is understandable, I suppose. But then life is all about getting the most out of every moment, and I intend to do just that. How does one balance a spiritual quest with the cares of the daily world, with all its details begging for attention? I am trying, one moment at a time, like all the rest of you. So far the only solutions I have found have been non-resistance, love, patience, and presence. I certainly fall short in these areas often, but they are the only tools that seem to bring peace. Good luck to you all of you who strive for peace, truth, and balance!

No comments: