My 20-year high school reunion was this weekend....
It could have looked like this:
And as funny as that clip is, it didn't look anything like it. It was a blast.
I was a bit nervous to see the old gang I used to hang with because I had really only kept in touch with one of them (who is my best friend to this day). But as soon as we all saw each other it was as if not a day had passed. We laughed, talked, joked, and well yes, threw back a few just like we had seen each other yesterday.
I was amazed at how great everyone looked and the people putting the reunion together could not have done a better job.
Many in my graduating class (MVHS 1990) had done well for themselves professionally and financially. Though it is hard to tell, I had a feeling some of them were even doing OK personally and emotionally. (Success cannot be measured in dollar terms only.)
But anyway, thank you to my good, old friends and THANK YOU to anyone who reads and listens to my ranting on this blog - you have no idea how much I appreciate the readership!
(Also, to anyone following, please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in my comments section. This will let me know it is ok to link it on my site.)
Thanks for a fabulous weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have always attributed our low reunion turnouts (150/450) to our generation (gen X) as the first to not do as well as our parents. This was somewhat confirmed by the organizers of the golf event who called people on the phone. They said they got alot of "not coming because of the bad economy".
I hope the people doing OK personally and emotionally is not a subset of the people doing OK financially and professionally.
Post a Comment