I believe in the power of perception. I also believe there is an objective reality out there, and subjectivism is a result only of the limited ability of humans to perceive the whole in its complex entirety.
Many people who see themselves as objective and realistic, are just downright negative. They mispercieve their ability to see reality as it is and take it a step furthur into despair.
Many people who miss the truth in its entirety see them selves as "optimists", but are really in denial. They are lying to themselves (as we all sometimes do). This is the worst kind of lying.
http://speroconsulting.com/2009/11/03/the-worst-kind-of-lying/
Now, I had to listen to a few people today, almost all day.....well, basically whine and bitch and complain about things not being as they should be. Leadership would present a plan to promote positive change and the troops would say, "Well, that won't work." Or, "I can't do that." Etc, etc. You get the picture.
The leaders in this corporate environment were in denial. They believed they could change people's behavior without providing the proper incentives. They believed that through sheer pollyanna like motivational techniques, they could convince people to work harder for less money, while providing absolutly no financial incentive for them to do so. Yeah....good luck with that.
On the flip side, the realists sounded like a bunch of negative whiners who had no stake whatsoever in their destiny. "Corporate" was screwing them over once again. Never mind that many of them had been returning to this "oppressive" employment year after year, sometimes for 15+ years. Never mind that in the midst of THE GREAT RECESSION, they had a job.
My little voice said this one thing: "The entire structure needs to be changed. I hope our new leadership recognizes this, and I think they do. In the mean time, do your best and you can go home feeling good at night." I also wanted to say, "And if you still want to create problems instead of solutions, go home and don't come back." But I am not the boss (yet), so that is for a later day.
And that is my tale of corporate philisophical woe for the day.
THE END
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment