I just got done watching an incredible PBS special on the Mumbai terrorist attacks that occurred last year at this time.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/episodes/mumbai-massacre-watch-a-preview/494/
Most of the victims had forgiven the perpetrators of the atrocities. I have more fear and hatred toward those men than they do. They have truly forgiven. I have not.
They felt sorry for the men (or boys) who perpetrated the crimes, because they knew they were scared, brainwashed individuals, whom were not even valued by the men that had sent hem on their murderous rampage. Surely, they would all die.
Forgiveness does not condone immoral actions. Forgiveness sees humans in the light they were destined to live in. Through the eyes of forgiveness we become free from our own demons. This is what forgiveness is all about.
"Forgive them, for they know not what they do," to quote the Master of all time. They are in error. They have chosen violence and murder as a way to cope with life. They have chosen the path of the ego, not the path of God, no matter what they say to the contrary. God is not anti-life. God is life itself. God is not anti-anything. God is pro-everything. Being the creator of existence, God is for existence.
I am angry at the men who put hateful ideas in the minds of terrorists. I have not forgiven them. While watching the program I often wondered why the victims didn't band together, jump those (expletive, expletive, expletive), take their weapons, and blow their blanking brains out.
Apparently many victims of terrorism have already forgiven. They are as a consequence, at peace. God has already blessed them.
I have already forgiven in many areas of my life, but his is a big one for me. I am definitely still very angry with Muslim extremists.
That is how it is.....and I believe in loving what is. Because it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment