Thursday, September 17, 2009

You Are Not Your Thoughts

I am still getting hammered in the markets by irrational exuberance. Same pattern...nothing new to say. So I thought I would write about spiritual matters instead.

How often are we, as humans, unaware of our thoughts?

I have been fortunate enough to realize that I am not my thoughts. I have learned that thoughts are energy forms that pass through consciousness. They can be very overwhelming, and if your level of awareness is low, they begin to control your emotions. Instead of noticing the thoughts, we start to believe them, and our emotional state is affected, depending on the nature, frequency, and energy level of the thought.

Try a little experiment today. When you feel any negative emotion, such as stress, anxiety, or anger, ask yourself this question: What was I thinking about just prior to my change in mood?

You may find that you were thinking things like:

There isn't enough time.

There is never enough money.

I can't do that.

It's too late.

I am too old.

I am too fat.

My house is too dirty.

Now, try thinking some other thoughts. I don't care how hard it is.... just do it. Thoughts like:

There is enough.

I can do that!

There is enough time.

I feel great when I eat right and exercise.

Messes can be picked up.


How are you feeling now? It is only when you don't notice your thoughts, that negativity can take you over. (I am not saying you won't continue to have negative thoughts - just be aware of them) Negativity, as an energy form, can actually begin to feel comfortable if you start to believe in lack instead of abundance.

I am here to tell you all (and myself) this truth: The universe is abundant. It does provide. It can also take away. Don't ever underestimate the impact your thoughts have on the whole. We are all powerful creators.

What will you create today?

No comments: