Now, I haven't written much about health care, as I know little about the system as it stands.
Yes, I have read many articles about it and listened to all the rhetoric....but unless I have actually studied the system myself, I am not arrogant enough to think I understand it fully.
I do have a few thoughts on the subject:
The private sector tends to function best and most efficiently when the government stays out of the way. I get very suspicious when governments say they "must control costs" or prices in any private sector or industry.
As we all know, the government has done a fabulous job of controlling the cost of its own operation! Because of their "success" at cost control, we are stuck with a national debt that will be paid for by my generation, our children, and their grandchildren. The effect of the massive tax increases that will be needed for the U.S. government to remain solvent will be stagnant economic growth for years, perhaps decades...at best.
Would you go to your dentist for financial planning advice? Why on earth would you trust the government to bring down the cost of health care?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment