We have been having a great time. We have done all sorts of fun things. Beaches, play dates, cabins, walks, long bike rides, a visit to the Raptor Center in St. Paul, movies, baking, etc. etc.
That said, I am feeling a bit tired. I am craving a little adult time...a little alone time. Well, maybe that is an understatement, but this is the hardest job on Earth, especially if you pour your heart and soul into it.
I have been trying to trade stocks, learn more about options, blog, get started on studying for the CPA exam, in between laundry, yard work, cooking, cleaning, trying to work out, playing games, and managing the worst allergy attack (to swimmers itch) that I have had in seven years.
All for no or little money.
Then I get hear a story about a woman making $50,000 a month and I sort of lose it. Ok - I have crossed the line into complaining.
So I had to ask myself again: Why do I do this? The answer: I don't know. Something deep in my soul tells me it is the right path for me.
Some part of me feels I must find total peace with it before moving on.
Plus, my kids are great. 90% of the time I have great fun with them, and even when its not fun, I am there. I am there. At that is where I belong, NOW. It may change in the near future, but for now, I am here. I am.
To all the mothers (and fathers) of this Earth who struggle with balancing their love for their children and their spiritual journey which the "cares of this world" - I get it.

No comments:
Post a Comment