I wonder: does one have to renounce religion before one can "find God"? Does one have to first realize that organized religion is just a farce made by Man until we find our true path? The ONE path that unites us all?
I believe in God. I know that there is a Universal force that guides life and directs humans toward Love. You may call this force Allah, God, Yahweh, Buddah, The Force, etc. etc. The word we use "matters not", to quote a true master.
I have been distracted lately with spiritual matters. Internal ones.
I also have been fascinated by a Showtime show called, 'Sleeper Cell'. If you have Showtime, perhaps you have seen it. I know it is not new, but it is new to me.
There is a clip that shows the interchange between an Al-Qaeda cell leader and an American atheist who was raised by Christian extremists. I believe it is very telling.
The rest of the clip is unavailable by legal means. I highly recommend it. Any thoughts would be appreciated, as I think extremism only changes form, sort of like matter. Most of Western Civilization, thanks to our founding fathers and the constitution, has realized that spirituality is a matter for individuals, not the state. However, much of the globe still wants to impose their religious beliefs upon us using force.
Is it possible that Atheism is at its core just a rejection of human interpretation of God's word? Isn't this human interpretation inherently flawed? Is it possible that to find a true connection with God we first must relinquish many of the dogma's that we are faced with? Or at least question them? Of course, many original spititual texts point straight to God. I do not know the answers. These are just questions.
Any thoughts? Mine are that spirituality and religion are in general "good" for man. However, when they are hijacked by some men and used improperly to control and manipulate others they become extremely dangerous. I still believe salvation and peace are achieved one soul at a time. The sum of this will equal world peace some day. Until then, well.......................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment