Are the majority of people in this country in denial? Do they not understand that Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda pose a serious threat to the world as we know it? Do they not understand what we are up against? Or do they just not care? Perhaps it is to scary, too horrific for them to wrap their minds around.
I do not generally believe that war and violence are a good thing. However, I do believe that violence in self-defense is morally permissible.
Here is where the ethical and moral considerations get sticky: Let's say you consider yourself a non-violent, peaceful person. You consider the use of force wrong. I can dig that. Really. The greater part of all violence perpetrated on our planet is completely ego driven and totally unnecessary. However, what if someone broke into your house, crazed on drugs and threatened the life of your wife and children? Wouldn't you consider it necessary to stop them? Wouldn't you use whatever force necessary to protect your family? Is this wrong?
On 9/11, Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda broke in to our house. They have every intention of doing it again. They have every intention of establishing a 'caliphate' across the globe. If you don't know what a caliphate is look it up - do your homework.
If I sound angry, it is because I am. And, I am scared. I really believe we are doing a terrible job of winning over moderate Muslims and offering a viable alternative to the extremists. We have failed and the extremists are going to take over a massive portion of the globe. I fear women are going to live in slavery in many nations in the near future. I fear a wider war and the destruction of Israel.
I know, when I said the housing bubble was going to burst, the stock market was going to crash, and we were going to enter a period similar to the Great Depression, it was hard to swallow. It was not just me; many, many people saw this coming. No one wanted to listen to them. No one wanted to take action before the problem got to large to handle.
The same thing is happening in the Middle East, Indonesia, and Africa. Only the threat this time is an ideology as radical as Nazism that threatens to enslave women around the globe and prompt WW III.
I don't have any answers here, I just know the threat is rising. All you have to do is read the news consistently and you begin to piece it together.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123708585480031541.html
What should we do? I am not sure. I do not know. But I am going to spend time thinking about it.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123704440044730481.html
A true feminist (the good kind):
http://www.aei.org/publications/filter.all,pubID.28883/pub_detail.asp
http://www.aei.org/publications/filter.all,pubID.29157/pub_detail.asp
Sleep well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment