Friday, February 6, 2009

Life & The Greater Depression

Life has gotten in the way of my blogging this week. Tuesday I found out my husbands job may be in jeopardy. Both of my children missed school this week. First it was colds, then vomiting, then strep throat. Then I got sick, and had to figure out a way to keep life running. (It ended up being Motrin + lost of Grandma & Grandpa help)

I bet there are thousands of family's around this country that had a more difficult week than I did. I am sure of it. Many probably lost their jobs.

I just am thankful for the loving extended family I have. In times like these you realize how much those close to you really love you. Thanks Mom, Dad, Sis, In-Laws, and friends.

To my loved hubby: I didn't fall in love and marry you because of the kind of work you did, and if it changes, it won't change my reasons for loving you.

My work doing taxes for H & R Block has given me even more perspective on the economy than I already had. People are struggling. I bet 50% of the people I have helped are either newly unemployed or worried about losing their jobs. These are nice, good, hardworking people. They are struggling just to stay afloat.

I count my blessings tonight. These are hard times. But I know they are not nearly as hard for me as many others.

Hang in there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are worth your wait in gold my dear.